Resident Evil 4 Remake, a remastered version of the 2005 horror game, brings back an old favorite weapon: the Chicago Typewriter Gun. Learn how to get it here.
To get the Chicago Typewriter (Sweeper) gun in Resident Evil 4 Remake, players must first complete the main campaign on Normal difficulty. This will unlock the Professional difficulty level, which is the highest difficulty in the game. To get the Chicago Typewriter, players must then complete the main campaign on Professional difficulty with an A Rank grade. Which is not easy to say the least.
This is a challenging task, as it requires completing the game in under 7 hours, managing resources well, and skipping cutscenes. Players will need to be familiar with the game mechanics and enemy patterns, as well as know how to speedrun the game. So don’t expect to get this weapon on your first (second) playthrough if you’re new to the series. However, the Chicago Typewriter is a powerful weapon that is worth the effort to unlock. (It’s so awesome trust us)
In the original Resident Evil 4, the Chicago Typewriter gun was a powerful weapon with infinite ammo. This made it a favorite among players, as it could easily mow down hordes of enemies. However, in the remake, the Chicago Typewriter does not have infinite ammo by default. Instead, players must upgrade the weapon to obtain this buff.
There are five levels of upgrades for the Chicago Typewriter, each with a corresponding cost. The first upgrade increases the weapon’s damage and fire rate. The second upgrade increases its magazine capacity. The third upgrade gives it the ability to pierce enemies. The fourth upgrade gives it the ability to explode on impact. And the fifth upgrade gives it infinite ammo.
To obtain the infinite ammo buff, players will need to upgrade the Chicago Typewriter to level 5. This is a significant investment, as the upgrades can be quite expensive. However, for players who want to experience the full power of the Chicago Typewriter, the investment is worth it.
Here are some tips for upgrading the Chicago Typewriter quickly and efficiently:
- Sell unwanted items. As you progress through the game, you will collect a variety of items, including weapons, ammo, and herbs. You can sell unwanted items to the merchant if you need cash. It’s a solid way to raise money for your upgrades.
- Complete side quests. Side quests are optional and can be completed for rewards, including money and items. Completing side quests is a great way to earn extra money and upgrade your weapons.
- Play the game on a lower difficulty level. If you’re struggling to finish the game on Professional, you can lower the difficulty level. This will make the game easier and allow you to progress more quickly.
With careful planning and execution, players can upgrade the Chicago Typewriter to level 5 and obtain the infinite ammo buff.
Once you upgrade the Chicago Typewriter gun to level 5, you can purchase an Exclusive Upgrade for an additional 10,000 Pesetas. This upgrade gives the weapon infinite ammo, making it even more powerful. For players who want to make the most of this devastating weapon, the Exclusive Upgrade is a must-have.
However, it’s important to note that Spinels, the currency needed to purchase the Exclusive Upgrade Ticket from the Merchant, are rare and difficult to obtain in Resident Evil 4 Remake. This means that players will need to carefully consider whether or not they want to invest in this upgrade.
Should you even get the Chicago Typewriter Upgrades?
Here are some things to consider when deciding whether or not to purchase the Exclusive Upgrade for the Chicago Typewriter:
- Your playstyle: If you’re a player who likes to conserve ammo and use their weapons sparingly, then the Exclusive Upgrade may not be worth the investment. However, if you’re a player who likes to go all-out and use your weapons freely, then the Exclusive Upgrade can be a game-changer.
- Your budget: The Exclusive Upgrade is a significant investment, especially early in the game. If you’re struggling to make ends meet, then you may want to prioritize other upgrades or save up for other purchases.
- Your difficulty level: If you’re playing on a lower difficulty level, then you may not need the Exclusive Upgrade to complete the game. However, if you’re playing on a higher difficulty level, then the Exclusive Upgrade can give you a significant advantage.
Whether to buy the Exclusive Upgrade for the Chicago Typewriter depends on your playstyle, budget, and difficulty. Players who prefer to conserve ammo or have a tight budget may not find it worth the investment. However, players who enjoy using the Chicago Typewriter liberally or are playing on a higher difficulty level may find the upgrade to be a valuable asset.
Take it easy!