Are you a business brand or content creator that is looking to get that exclusive blue checkmark beside their name on Instagram to say this account is verified? In this article, we will explain how to get verified on Instagram in 2023. We will explain the process that you can go through to apply to get verified, as well as provide some tips that can dramatically improve the likelihood that you actually will get verified by Instagram. Read “How to Get Verified Blue Badge On Instagram 2023”
What is a verified badge on Instagram?
A blue checkmark is a tool that Instagram has had for a while and its primary purpose is to differentiate between authentic and real accounts from phony or fake accounts. This tool was invented because celebrities and influencers alike constantly have people either imitating them or creating fan accounts. So it was kind of difficult for users to find their favorite celebrity or influencer and differentiate between a fake and a real account.
With the blue badge, it became easy to see why these little blue checkmarks have become so sought after. Instagram gives them out very selectively, and there is a symbol of status associated with it that has only grown larger and larger in pop culture. A lot of people view it as an instant celebrity status on Instagram.
Rightly or wrongly it’s just what people have come to expect from seeing that little blue checkmark. It provides a ton of social proof because of everything that has been assigned to that blue check. So that’s what Instagram verification means – it means the account that you are seeing is the account that you think it is or the celebrity that you think it is etc.
Who can get verified on Instagram?
The question is who can actually get verified on Instagram? And the answer is ANYONE!
Yes anyone can go through the process and apply to be verified on Instagram. However, Instagram is incredibly picky as to who it actually decides to verify. Also, Instagram often does not provide much information as to why some people get selected and why some do not.
Instagram has stated that “only some public figures, celebrities, and brands have verified badges on Instagram.” And this means they tend to give these badges to those who are more likely to be impersonated.
How can you be eligible for the blue badge?
First of all, you will need to start by following Instagram’s terms and guidelines of service community and meet the following criteria:
- Authentic: Your account must represent a real person, registered business r brand.
- Unique: Only one account per person or business can get Instagram verified.
- Public: Your account has to be a public account. No private account will be verified.
- Complete: You must have a complete bio, profile pictures, and at least one post.
- Notable: This one can be dicey but Instagram wants to make sure that your name is well-known and searched for thus providing them a legitimate reason to give you that blue check to make it easy to find you.
How to get verified on Instagram?
Do you meet all the previous criteria? Perfect! Now let’s move through the process of actually applying for verification.
- Go to your profile and tap the icon button in the top right corner
- Tap Settings – Account – Request Verification
- Fill in the application form with your legal name, and your known AS name, then select your category or your industry. You will also need to submit a photo or official government ID.
For individuals, you can submit a driver’s license or passport, and for businesses – a utility bill and official business document or a tax filing
4. Submit the form and send it off to Instagram.
Once you submit your application, it will be then reviewed by the Instagram team. And you will receive a notification with their response. Please note, that Instagram would never DM or email you about the verification process asking for money. So if somebody does anything along those lines, it is a scam, and you should not reply. The only place where you will get notified will be within the notifications tab on Instagram.
As you see the process of how to get verified on Instagram is very simple and straightforward.
Tips and tricks
Now we’ll provide you with some tips that can really improve the chances of you actually getting that blue check.
- Your profile should be highly searched for
One of the best ways to get a blue badge is by being highly searched for. Instagram needs to know that people care about you to actually search for you trying to find your page.
- Do not apply before you are ready
Just because you have a badge does not mean you instantly become a super successful Instagram influencer. Before you apply make sure you are doing everything that you can to prove that your account is worthy of that blue checkmark in the eyes of Instagram.
- Be constantly active
Stay active and use the platform to its fullest potential. Post new and unique content regularly. Be sure to show up on Instagram stories – all to help you engage and connect more with your audience. Also, be sure to use Reels and any other new feature that Instagram rolls out. This will help you to attract more followers.
We recommend focusing on:
- Building your Instagram followers
- Writing the perfect Instagram bio
- Using a professional picture or an easily identifiable company logo
Give Instagram every reason to take your application seriously. Rember that real people are behind the verification process, so we literally have to convince them that we deserve that blue check.
Latest Method Tutorial to Get Verified Blue Badge from Mobile Phone
If for some reason you are still having trouble with the verification process on Instagram, we’ll explain a new method how to get verified on Instagram in 3 simple steps from mobile. The verified badge activator is extremely user-friendly which is reflected in its ease of use.
The user does not have to complete registration and the service is very fast and uncomplicated so anyone can make use of it.
If you want to add the blue tick to your Instagram Account follow these steps:
- Go to any browser and type addbadge.com/instagram
- Enter your Instagram username
- Click on “Get Badge” button to start the verification process
- Skip the anti-spam system. Unfortunately, reCAPTCHA is not as effective as it used to be and more and more robots are able to solve these captchas, which is why even more effective methods need to be used to prevent robotic spam that violates service policies.
- Click on “Verify Now” button and complete any offer and continue to activate verified badge on your account. For example, the offer asks to download and install the game.
- When done Refresh the page
- Activation request completed
- Come back after 24 hours to see the result. In 24 hours your Instagram account should be successfully verified and receive a blue badge.
How do you keep verification once you have gotten it?
Yes, you can lose that blue badge even once you’ve received it. So it is not all over and done.
Two simple rules:
- Keep your account public
You must keep your account unblocked and public to remain verified.
- Play by the rules
If you go against Instagram’s terms of service and community guidelines, it will get your account disabled, deleted or your verification ripped away.
The rules are very easy to follow, so make sure to check them out.
How long does it take to get verified on Instagram?
There is no official timeline. Most official users who submit for verification usually hear back within 30 days. For some, it takes only a few hours, and for others, it can take weeks or potentially months. Either way, make sure to remain active on Instagram and check your notifications tab regularly because that’s where you will get notified of your verification requests.